Easy Lasagna Recipe
A super simple lasgna recipe that can be made a day a head.
This is a variation of the Extra-Easy Lasagna recipe from MyRecipes.com and Southern Living. I’ve streamlined it a bit and taken out unnecessary steps. There is no need to cook the noodles. I’ve also added a few ingredients to make things a bit tastier. My preference is to use Italian Sausage. This may be made a day ahead, covered and refrigerated until you are ready to bake. This makes six servings.
- 6 lasagna Noodles (Oven ready or regular)
- 1 lb meat your choice (ground turkey, chicken, beef or Italian sausage.)
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup parmesan or other hard cheese
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 11 x 7 inch baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a skillet on medium high with a small amount of oil until hot. You may use any meat of your choice. Ground beef, chicken, or turkey are fine. I prefer to use Italian sausage. If not using sausage, cook chopped garlic and 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning for 30 seconds before adding your meat. Cook your choice of meat until brown and fully cooked. Drain and season meat if need be, then add sauce. Stir to combine.
- While meat browns, incorporate egg and parmesan cheese together in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray to ensure the lasagna doesn’t stick.
- Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the dish. Place three noodles, uncooked, on top of the sauce. Then spread half the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and a third of the mozzarella cheese on top of this layer. Cover this layer with another third of the meat sauce. Repeat this for the next layer. Top the lasagna with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover the baking dish with two layers of aluminum foil.
- Bake the lasagna for 45 minutes at 375; uncover and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove and let stand 10 minutes before serving.