Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
This recipe in experimentation in making a quick and creamy chicken and rice soup in an instant pot.
This recipe in experimentation in making a quick and creamy chicken and rice soup in an instant pot. This recipe has been adapted and modified from Betty Crocker:
– 20 oz Chicken Thighs
– 2 cups Onion
– 8 oz Mushrooms
– ½ cup Celery
– ½ cup Rice
– 1 cup Heavy Cream
– 2 tbsp Corn Starch
– Salt and Pepper
– 1/4 tsp thyme
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Set instapot to saute, melt butter or heat oil of choice, until hot. Cook chicken on each side for 5 – 6 minute per side. Leaving residual fond in instapot and transfer cooked chicken to cutting board.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a cutting board and chop.
- While instapot is still set to saute, add onions, mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook 4 – 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add carrots and celery, and continue cooking for 4 – 5 minutes until all vegetables are softened.
- Add chicken broth; heat to simmering, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a wooden spoon to remove browned bits. Stir in rice, thyme and chopped chicken. Select CANCEL to turn off suate function.
- Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 45 minutes. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure or let naturally release.
- Select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Stir in chopped chicken; heat to boiling. In 2-cup measuring cup, beat whipping cream and cornstarch together. Stir into mixture in instapot; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Top with thyme leaves.